Tuesday, February 2

Slush

So my driveway is about a football field and a half long.. lined with pine trees, and covered in gravel. In result, it is the last driveway in this town to ever melt. Last night I had a bit of trouble getting out of the driveway to go to Lauren's Bachelor watching party, I made it finally, but I was late thanks to the driveway. Today was a different story.

At about 2:15ish I got into my car to go pick up kids from school. I have to pick them up at 2:50. But I had to go get the after school snacks and gas in my car. So 2:15ish it was! The thought of the driveway's state wasn't a concern because it was later in the day, I thought SURELY some of it would have melted compared to last nights incident.

Melted? Oh yeah, into a totally muddy, puddled, slushy, nastiness, snow mess.

In my car I went. I would pick up just enough speed and HELLO.. a dog (we have 2 big dogs- a black lab and an English Mastiff) would jump out in front of me, causing me to have to stop. Stopping in snow makes you literally have to stop and back up, if you didn't know. So I would reverse. Starting all over again. Then, I would get to a point where my back tires would just spin, so I stopped. Backed up, got out, and got a hand full of hay (it was the first thing I thought of) to put in the slick spot. (Yes, we have hay, we have big animals that eat it.) So then I would try again. Going... going... pasted the spot with hay.. slide a little.. going.. HELLO dumb dog. Back up. Start again. Another slick spot. More hay. Start again. Slide. Back up. Go. Dog. Stop. Back up. Slide. Tears. Dogs barking. Frustration increasing. Go. Tires spinning. Mud and snow tossing. Tears.

I think you get the picture. Times about 28 times.

To make a long story short, throughout this process.. I used up all the hay. Used a bucket of ashes, because that really does, true story, help in the snow and getting unstuck. At one point I picked up a stick in attempt to get the snow away from something, and instead the lab thought I was playing fetch with him and took it out of my hand and ran away with it. Nearly slid into a tree (Thank you Lord for stopping that). I was totally covered in hay, ashes, and mud-slush from head to toe. Screamed at the top of my lungs and cried tears of frustration. And I am furthest from an emotional person. I had had it!

At 3:06 I got out of my driveway by a huge miracle. Might I add, I drive a 4Runner. Its not like I was in a little car fighting this battle. But the thing with the Runner is this, it has some sliding protector thing, that locks up your tires or something.. I really don't even know.. I could be totally off. BUT I do know that it makes this beeping noise, that probably had a lot to do with the frustration level. I also know that when it gets to this state of operation that it doesn't move and there is nothing you can do about it. Frustrating.

I hope you are laughing. I am now. Several hours later. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated in my whole life. For almost a whole hour. I'll post pictures tomorrow just to paint the picture better for you.

In other words, my car is parked at the church that is to the right of our house. The driveway wasn't an option tonight.

Hope your Tuesday wasn't frustrating!

1 comment:

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!