Friday, August 21

To keep you in the know

With nothing else to say, here is what I've been up to lately....

** Wednesday I was driving to work in the "first day of school traffic" and had several thoughts:
1. I'm completely thankful for my college degree. And the simple fact school is no longer in my everyday schedule.
2. I'm totally loving what I do. And 100% content with it having absolutely nothing to do with my degree. And I have completely excepted that. It makes me happy, keeps the bills paid, and allows me to be me and also use a talent I was blessed with. And that is all that matters to me.
3. I am so glad I didn't spend the end of my summer worried about decorating a classroom, learning names of students, writing lesson plans, and trying to figure out the easiest way to germ-x a classroom.

** I have officially finished season 1 of GossipGirl and can not wait until tomorrow so I can mark "Target- GG S2" off my ToDo list

** Sorority Recruitment is taking place this week. Kind of a weird feeling to not have work week for the first time in 3 summers. Not complaining though.

** My youngest sister started her SR year of high school. Talk about making you feel old. I'm still not over the fact she started driving 2 years ago.

** Clare moved to Dallas. Kind of a weird feeling to not be in the same state. But she is down there for grad school, so I guess that is ok.

** I recently took someone's last name out of my contacts in my phone. Now identified on a first name bases. That's a big step.

** I am sick of summer and ready for a change of season. I'm looking totally forward to seeing what the "real world" is like without balancing a class schedule. I'm ready for football season. Wearing fall clothes and all my boots.

** I've had many laughs lately and lots of classic quotes. A few involving:
1. Account Kirsten's accent and completely unaware until I called it out by laughing "We can just tie the candy onto the "ada badle." AKA WATER BOTTLE. We still laugh 4 days later and convinced that we will never use "water bottle" in our vocabulary.
2. For those of you that know me, know a third grader could beat me in a spelling contest. Spell check, dear friends, and this lovely red line the MacBook offers are all true blessings to me. I wrote "diamods" in a quote on a canvas to sell in the store. Suppose to be "diamonds." Classic Kenlie.
3. Blake informed Alex and me that "she knows all the juicy gossip up and down Maple St because she is a gamma chi!" Anyone that knows Blake, knows she is a mess and this quote fits her to a T. HAHA!! Alex and I probably wont ever let her live that down.

** Starbuck's shaken green tea with lemon aid is what I now crave on a regular basis.

** "Fabulous" has been a word I have been using day to day for about a month now in my vocabulary.

With the busy days I've had, I thought I would share with you my thoughts, changes, and obsessions. I guess everyone is entitled to a pointless blog, here is mine. : ) I hope you had a wonderful week. Happy Friday!!!!

**And Remember: If you know anyone going through rush or moving into a dorm room, don't forget us at Riffraff!!! We will be open on Sunday due to Bid Day being moved to 9AM Sunday morning. Good luck to all the girls out there turning in a pref card as well!!!

Always,
Kenlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!