Thursday, December 31

Christmas 2009

It's been awhile since you last heard from me. I decided explaining all these events would be easier with a few props.

Our first Kappa Alumni Christmas party!

Since our freshman year of college a group of guys I went to high school with have thrown an ugly Christmas sweater party. Seems every year it gets bigger and bigger. Its always a great time to catch up with those that we graduated with. Here are a few pictures from it.

And the big event..

On December 22 my family and my Mom's side of the family packed it up and went to Telluride, Colorado for Christmas. I think I already told you this. I am pretty big on traditions when it comes to the holiday season. This year was a little easier than I thought it would be. Although, I have to say there were a lot of "firsts" that I never thought would happen on Christmas day! Ha, prepare yourself... And might I mention, the condo we all stayed in was rather "Calico Country," if you will.. which makes it even more of a laugh.

Our lovely stockings hanging from the mantel..
A few first were..
Going to a Catholic Mass on Christmas Eve (NOTHING at ALL wrong with this, it was just a first)
Crying through the entire Christmas service. Typically just during Silent Night. Not this year!
Not being at my church on Christmas Eve for the first time in my life.
Not having one present to open.
Not waking up in Fayetteville Christmas morning.
Waking up with all my cousins on Christmas morning under the same roof.
Not having a Christmas tree. Rather, a floor lamp that my Mom decorated. Ha! It worked.
I skied on Christmas Eve and day. Never have done that on Christmas.
Whenever I talk about Telluride to someone I always describe it as "Dickson St surrounded by mountains." Literally. Telluride is a very very small ski town in the very southwest corner of Colorado. There is one main street. One way in town and one way out. A very local and "hippie" town. So laid back. I love it.

This is looking down on Telluride from the ski lift.
Downtown..

The town is so laid back that there are several famous people that either do, or have, owned houses there. For instance, here is Oprah's..
One day on the slopes Clare and I met a little friend. Pete. Pete the Porcupine.
He was pretty cute. Ski Patrol was standing around him. Apparently their spikes aren't the problem, but rather their bites. And no, that is not neither Clare or I next to him, that is some lady.

My love for little kids grew even more when I saw this little tike on the slopes. He came up MAYBE to my knee. Precious. Hopefully I'll have a little one to do this with some day.
And yes, that is yours truly in the black night get up, posing so it wouldn't be obvious Clare was taking this kids pic!
We got back in town yesterday. It was a great trip! We had so much fun and had lots of laughs. I hope your Christmas was just as delightful!

2009, don't let the door hit ya from behind!! I will not miss you!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
And as said back when I thought I was cool in 2nd grade..

"SEE YA NEXT YEAR GUYS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!