Friday, September 18

PRAYER

Greetings with a bit of a heavy heart.. I feel like I just need to inform you right now.

My original plan for tonight's post was going to be displaying my art and goodies that are in the store right now. Instead, I feel like I have been lead in to TOTALLY different and much much more important topic.

For those of you that know me well, know that I have a strong desire to adapt a child from overseas one day. I feel our soul purpose is to glorify God in all we do, reach to others, and serve our Lord. Providing a child with food, a clean lifestyle, clothes, a roof over their head, and endless love is one way that would truly bless our purpose on earth. Maybe that is a total personal opinion, and I'll claim it! But if you really start doing your homework on the number of children on the streets in these countries all over the world, I think you would be truly amazed. The numbers are unbelievably high. Its breath taking and breaks my heart. It is so easy to get caught up in our little world and everyday life, and we suddenly assume everyone else is like us. When really, we are beyond fortunate. Clean water, heat/air, fresh food, power, medicine are just to name a very few. Needless to say, taking a small child from a lifestyle that doesn't have these things, and providing them with it. Do you know the impact you would be making? It makes me kind of speechless thinking about.

Because of this passion I have, I have found several blogs on families that have either adopted a child from overseas, trying to, would like to, or are in the process of it. Tonight before I attempted posting my art, there was a particular blog that caught my eye. "The Lord Mighty in Battle" caught my eye (this is one of the families I follow). The title was "Urgent Prayer Needed," since their posts usually consist of their precious little girl or about other adoption stories, I quickly clicked on it. I read the small post and then clicked the links to the other blogs they had posted. I read them both, and sobbed. I can't explain the emotions I had or how the stories touched me.

My request now, is for you to please pray. To my understanding two families went over to bring their children home and have encountered some problems. One child with health concerns and the other with a postpone court day. I can't imagine the emotions and heartache these families are going through. To leave their home thinking next time they walk in your door, better yet back in the US, that they will be embracing their new child. Now being so close and to face issues that might not fulfill that last thought, brings me totally lost for words and thoughts. I can't imagine and my heart aches for them.

Nothing is set in stone and decisions have not been made. But with the power of a prayer and the strength of the Lord, these families still can walk in their door with their little one. Please lift these families up. Pray for their comfort, strength, understanding. Pray for the children and the people working to make it possible for these children to come home. This is huge and your prayer can truly make a difference.

"I will put my trust in him" Hebrews 2:13

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." Hebrews 3:4

"Never will I leave you; never will forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

"Everything is possible for him who believes." Mark 9:23

"We live by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

If you are interested in any of these families you can go under the blogs (because I have yet learned how to link a blog to a blog, ha) I follow and click on "The Lord Mighty in Battle" and it was the latest post, "Urgent Prayer Needed." They all have amazing stories. Please Pray. And while you are at it, pray for the families that are going through this process, for the children that are still on the streets with no current potential parents, and for the safety and health of the children in these countries.

You are a blessing as well. Be thankful.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Kenlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!