Tuesday, January 5

Book worm

Its pretty exciting that snow is on the ground. Not so exciting that the temperatures outside make me want to scream! And makes me kind of wonder if these temperatures are really going to get as low and terribly freezing as they say over the next few days.. High 12, low -5 on Thursday.. HA.. excuse me??

So in the midst of preparing for this blizzard (Lord, please don't let us have another ice storm, we were just about to celebrate it being a year!) I did some wondering around the book store yesterday. This past year I can honestly say I have never done so much reading in my entire life! Its like I couldn't get enough of it! Call it old age, call it growing up, call it being bored.. whatever you want to call it, I love it! For instance, I sat down Sunday (as it was starting to snow) and thought I would read a few chapters of Dear John by Nicholas Sparks.. 200 pages and a book completion later! Needless to say, making a run for a few more good books was a must.

My Aunt reads a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean like several books a month. She HIGHLY recommended "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. She said it is the best book she has read in a few years. Sign me up!! I also grabbed the "The Lucky One," which is the only Nicholas Sparks book I haven't read. Highly recommend that man. Love him!

So yeah, I think I am good to go. Bring on the snow! I'll let you know how these two selections turn out.

Have a fabulous day!

And thank you so so much for all your sweet comments! It makes my day when you guys say the things you do! It defiantly makes me smile so big!

2 comments:

  1. If you have a relationship with God I would recommend The Shack. One of the best books I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nicholas Sparks' books. I can't wait to read The Last Song and Dear John!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!