Wednesday, January 27

Totally Random..

Don't worry. I'm still here. I've been in quite the blogging rut lately. Here is what has been going on..

1. I subbed Monday morning in a 2nd grade classroom. Oh. My. Gosh. Having done my internship and having my whole college degree wrapped around secondary aged kids, I have quickly forgotten how oh so cute little kids are. Bless their hearts. But man do they make you tired! There was one little boy I could have taken home with me in about.. oh.. 2 seconds!! He was totally precious and made me laugh all day long. He was a spitting image of Buckwheat's best friend (I can't think of his name and it is driving me crazy).. Anyway.. this little man was so cute. Every time he talked he had a big smile on his face and would tilt his head just like the little guy on Little Rascals. During Science we were talking about matter and examples of it. He raised his head with a big grin on his face and says in a slurring voice, "Excuse me Ms. Posey, let me get this right.. so are you telling me that the United States of America is made up of matter? And what about France?.. and China?".. Hilarious. I didn't even bring up countries.. I was talking about apple juice and their desks and steam off of boiling water... Not real sure where he connected the US and France and China.. but whatever, we went with it.


2. Monday night at 9:45.. I thought that was setting the record with my bed time, until last night hit.. UM.. this is kind of embarrassing.. my computer and I got in bed with Cinderella at 7:30.. and all I remember seeing is up to the part of Cinderella feeding the little animals outside. For those of you that aren't Disney fans.. that is about 15 mins into the movie. Needless to say I woke up this morning with the DVD menu playing. Oh lovely!!

3. I went to the Doc this AM to find out that I am sick. Allergy sick. For those that know me, this shouldn't surprise you. A good ol shot in the hip and a round of antibiotics and I'll be good to go. According to Dr. A "If you don't have allergies right now.. then you are just weird!" I guess their just terrible right now. He also informed me that there is a 24 hr stomach bug going around.. so if you have been feeling a little under the weather, hopefully I just solved your issue. (I am far from a DR though, so you might want to see a real one)

4. I have not had a carbonated drink in about 2 weeks. Sonic Happy hour is being greatly missed, but I feel so much better.

5. Lets talk about this ice storm that is suppose to hit this weekend. Seriously? The words "Ice Storm" just make my stomach roll over and really makes me want to throw up. Makes me want to pop an anxiety pill (and I don't even have anxiety issues). For those of you reading this from NWA (for those of you not from NWA, don't be jealous).. I know not having power was terrible.. I know trees falling over was terrible. I know your kids being out of school for over a week was terrible.. I know the roads were.. well, terrible. But what about your house catching on fire? Because thats what happened at the Posey household. Attic fire. Flames. Smoke. Alarms going off at 3:30 AM while sound asleep. Stuff totally ruined. Rent house for 7 months. Total reconstruction of our house. Seriously? Thank you electric company for turning our power back on, but not so much for giving us too much power and bring us to flames. To say the least, it literally has almost been a whole year since the last ice storm. Must we need another one at exactly the year mark later?.. whatever.. I don't understand. Needless to say, bring on the weather. Thats fine and all, but please don't take my house away that is just now becoming back to "normal" finally. This was our backyard.. I'll do fire pics on the 29th..

Most random blog post? I do believe so!
I hope your little world is wonderful.

Happy hump day!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better soon dear! I am sure this ice storm will be a lot kinder to you than last year! I am so sorry about your house! I had no idea! I missed seeing your sweet face on Monday but I know I will see you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean seriously...Im sure being with big kids is a freaking culture shock! Are you not EXHAUSTED??? I can barely keep my eyes open at 6 every night!!! Oh lordy! Im just praying for a snow day or two- no ice storm please

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!