Thursday, November 19

Pet peeve

With Jack Frost in the area lately I can't help but think of the Christmas season. Which brings up my point.

A pet peeve of mine, for as long as I can remember, is when people go to label decoration boxes, make lists, title items, text message, write a note.. do anything and everything that might relate to writing the word "Christmas" and instead write "XMas." I realize that C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S is 9 letters long. Some surfaces just don't have room for all those letters. Some people are just lazy to write all 9 letters. So on, and so forth.. Whatever the case may be, I just find it disrespectful. What is XMas anyway? The only thing I understand about this is the last 3 letters.. and why an X? Why not a "c" at least? Maybe I am just uneducated about this shortening because I dislike it and have never used it.

I don't know. Maybe that is just my OCDness being out of control. But really??? If a surface is too small why not write "Dec25" or "D25" or color it red and green? Better yet, buy those crates that are already red and green? I don't know. I personally think there is a way around it.

Oh Jack Frost, you gave us cold weather and brought out a random thought. How I do love this time of year though!!!

Stay warm!
Have a wonderful day! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I think the 'X' stands for Criss as is 'Criss-Cross' as in 'Criss-mas.' I could be wrong. really wrong... either way, it's a pet peeve of mine too and unfortunately I've caught myself doing it at times!

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Kenlie! Love your blog! I started one recently - www.moorepartyof4.blogspot.com - Take care! Kelly Moore (baseball)

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!