Sunday, November 29

A Saturday with the BFF and Thankfulness

Saturdays with the best friend might just be one of the greatest things two can do. Kirsten and I met up about 11 yesterday and tried out the new cupcake place on the square. Our expectations of this place were different than it actually was. I think we had in mind cupcakes galore, any and every kind of cupcake combination. Nope. There were about 7 to choose from. Still great though. And their size was a little smaller than other cupcake places we have been to. Don't get me wrong they were still very yummy. And gourmet also. Second on the list was to go to all these little stores that we have been hearing so much about, but have both been a little too busy to visit. Of course our adventures made their way to our favorite antique shops and we found some new ones too! A love for vintage jewelry was found yesterday. You should see all these fabulous finds we found. We got all kinds of neat things and did not pay over $10 for anything! A new obsession for sure.
In addition to all this, Kirsten has been eyeing the side of this liquor store for quite some time now. It has a great saying, "Some things never change, And shouldn't.." painted on the side of it. So she pulled over and we took a few snapshots in front of it. It was a great day yesterday, so why not?


We finished the day off with a fiesta party at my parents house to watch the Hogs play LSU. Poor little piggies.
Yesterday was a great day! I'm so excited about my vintage finds!

Lastly, I don't even know where to begin with my Thankful list. I have attempted it a few times and deleted it. Because honestly, I truly don't know where to start. This year has over flowed with life changing events and in return has totally been conquered with blessing and happiness. I know without a doubt I am thankful for safety through the fire, for a wonderful and close family, for friends and a support group I couldn't go without, for God's grace and the power of prayer, and for the realization that life's "traumatic times" are unexpectedly followed by the most wonderful and unimaginable situations. I am thankful that with time the "traumatic times" eventually end up on the Thankful list.

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend.




2 comments:

  1. Awe how fun! Looks like you and Kirsten had a great time! I'm glad she has great friends like you!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!