Tuesday, November 17

When you least expect them

Where to begin? The last I posted something on here I had no idea what was about to happen in my life. The blessings that would continue to overflow. Let's just say this, the saying we have all heard "Things happen when you least expect them" should be the title for Thursday. My family and I went to dinner for Alex's 18th birthday and afterwards I met Rachel at Theos. Because of my 1 hour of sleep the night before I was planning on saying hello and vetoing it out of there to my bed. But ya know, God's surprises us at times like this. Things happen when you least expect them. I can't quit smiling.

Friday wasn't anything to brag about. I subbed. Great day it was though.

Saturday was the last Razorback home game. Because of this being the third game in Fayetteville in a row, my Hog spirit has kind of dwindled. Yes, I said it. Kirsten and I have been talking all season about going to a game together. So why not the last one? (Of which, we showed up in the same vintage Hog tee and similar articles to go along with it. Ha, surprised? Not us.) We were accompanied by her sweet boyfriend Luke. So fun! After the game Kirsten and I had a little date out while Luke met up with the guys. Whole and behold. More blessings. More wonderful things. More smiles.

Sunday was my day to recover. To spend the day doing just as it is meant to be. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! Not to mention my week ahead of me.

As of yesterday I have become a Mom for 3 days. The parents of the family of 4 decided to make a made dash for St. Louis and called yours truly into run the fort. Not a problem. We got this. Staying over night with them is something I have certainly done before. But not since they have upgraded to attending 3 different schools and now take showers and baths in the morning. Makes for one early morning when you have 4 lunches to pack, 5 beds to make (including my own), breakfast on the table, Monday folders signed and tucked away, uniforms for after school cleaned and ready, 4 dressed for this winter weather, and out the door and off to 3 different schools all before 8:10. But we did it. Not to mention managing the crazy hair with the flips because the boys would rather not brush their hair exiting the shower. They'll thank me one day.

And hey, next time you talk to your Mom. Tell her Thanks, you really have no idea what she has done/does for you!!

And yes.. You fancy pants bloggers out there, I have now, four months later, learned how to link blogs together. I know you are proud.

Have a good day! Stay warm.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving me out on the shout out for Luke and Kirsten.. I sat with ya'll too! Rude!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!