Sunday, November 22

A promised White Christmas

One month from today my bags will be packed and the family and I will be on our way to Telluride CO. Being away from Fayetteville on Christmas is something I have done one time in my life. Have lived in the same town for 23 years now, you grow quite custom to holiday traditions especially when your extended family is as small as mine is. I have attended 22 candle light Christmas Eve services and it is the one thing that really puts me in the spirit of the next 24 hours to follow. But this year will be a little different. Different is good, right?

This year our typical Christmas traditions will be put on hold while we venture off to Telluride with my Mom's extended family. My second oldest cousin got married in April, so it will be fun to go on family vacation with a new family member. Clare moved to Dallas to go to grad school and I feel like I haven't seen her in 3000 days! My oldest cousin just moved back to Little Rock, so we need to celebrate his new change. And the most important reason of all, my Dad and two sisters haven't been on the ski slopes in almost 2 years. If you only knew the last experience with the 3 of them, you would understand that our whole family is in much need of the stomach aching, tears rolling down your face, can't breathe kind of laugh!!

Christmas in Telluride will be a blessing. Our family is beyond excited to spend a week together, under the same roof, laughing until we cry, having a promised white Christmas, and being together around the most special time of the year.

I personally can't believe 2009 is almost over and Christmas is just peeking around the corner. But THANK GOODNESS 2010 is right behind it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see what you have to say!!!